Sunday August 13, 2023
“When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.”
John 19:30 NIV
Prayer – 8:45 am –All are invited to a time of prayer located in the room past the bulletin board.
Worship – 9:30 am
Children’s devotional- Anna and Elmer Lapp
Sermon – John 19:23-37 Dan Stoltzfus
- Josiah Nissley- We praise God that Josiah had a great trip to Europe. He will share more details with us soon.
- Praise God for the safe arrival of Callie Mae Stoltzfus. Pray for Dan and Bethany and children as they adjust to a new life in their home.
- From Omar, “Here’s an update on my brother David, he is home now for a week and a half and doing really well! Thank you Jesus for the healing and thanks to all of you for your prayers, God is so good all the time!
Sunday school will start again on September 10th.
Important Dates and Information:
- The GOD Speaks Makhua Challenge -The Chestnut Team that went to Mozambique gave a report of their visit and the celebrations at the Muapula Mission. The need for funding to complete the next important phase to train Makhua pastors and elders is apparent and we decided to do everything in our ability to help the missionaries to finish their task without having to fret about fundraising. Donations can be made via www.muapulamission.co.za . If you’re willing you can write your personal(anonymous) commitment towards the God speaks Makhua Challenge on a card and drop it into the Prayer and Praise box next to the piano.
You can watch a recording of our team’s feedback here:
- August 18-20 – Church Camping at Camp Swatara. Contact Wayne Petersheim if your family plans to join the church for a weekend of hiking, campfires, games, and more.
- Church kitchen renovation: Praise God that we are able to renovate our kitchen. Demolition will begin in August.
- Children’s devotion time- For most Sundays during the summer we will have a children’s devotion during the service. We need people to sign up for this so please contact one of the elders if you are able to serve in this way.
- Abide will not be meeting throughout the summer but will resume again in September.
- “Through the Word” study in Acts on Thursdays at 6:30 pm. Recordings of the study in Acts are available on the new Chestnut Church website.
- Memory verse challenge for kids ages 10-18. The memory challenge includes memorizing Genesis chapters 1-3, and Romans 1:14-23, 3:18-28 completed by January 31, 2024 and will receive $100. If you are interested in participating in this, please contact Elmer Lapp.
Daniel Crandall Pastor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dan Stoltzfus Pastor: email@example.com
Wayne Petersheim Elder: firstname.lastname@example.org
Heinrich Botes Elder: email@example.com
Elder team email: Chestnutelderteam@gmail.com