Sunday June 25, 2023
“For God loved the world in this way: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.”
John 3:16 CSB
Prayer – 8:45 am –All are invited to a time of prayer located in the room past the bulletin board.
Worship – 9:30 am
Sermon – – Dan Stoltzfus
Prayer and sharing for those being baptized.
- Mark Leatherman – Pray for healing. Pray for increased strength and improved health. Thank God for trucking opportunities. Pray for Natasha and the children as they navigate this difficult time.
- On June 23 our team left for Mozambique to celebrate 30 years of the Makhua Xirima Bible Project and the completion of the translation. Dave and Lil Nissley, Jeriah Petersheim, Heinrich and Susan Botes will join a group of South Africans in Johannesburg. Pray for unity in the group, safe travel, good health (it’s a malaria area) as well as smooth border crossings.
Children’s Devotion Time – we will not have a devotional time this week to prepare for Baptism. If God has prompted you to help lead a devotional please contact Daniel Crandall or one of the other elders.
No Sunday School During the summer.
Important Dates and Information:
- There will be a fellowship meal following the baptism.
- Baptism this Sunday, June 25. Praise God that Braden Shirk, Cara Beiler, Malachi Petershiem, and Gideon Crandall will be baptized. The baptism will be held at Eman and Marcy’s house after church.
- Children’s devotion time- For most Sundays during the summer we will have a children’s devotion during the service. We need people to sign up for this so please contact Daniel Crandall or one of the other elders if you are able to serve in this way.
- From Lydia Petersheim… We are taking a meal to the Camp of the Old Mill again. It’s for their annual kids camps. We will be serving the older group of kids. These kids are from Coatesville. They come to the Camp for clubs throughout the school year and earn this week at camp. We’ll serve them lunch on Monday, June 26. They’ve requested subs from Subway again so I’ll order them and pick them up. And then I’ll grab some chips and pickles and watermelon to add to that. If anyone would like to contribute cookies/bars that would be wonderful. And I’d love some help serving the lunch the day of. Please text me at (717) 725-2680 if you can contribute cookies or bars or can help the day of. Thanks!!
- Reminder about the “Through the Bible” teaching and prayer meeting. We will not be having this while Heinrich and the rest of the team are on the trip to South Africa and Mozambique. The study will resume on July 20 after the team returns from Africa. Recordings of our study in Acts will be available on the new Chestnut Church website.
- August 18-20 – Church Camping at Camp Swatara.
- Memory verse challenge for kids ages 10-18. The memory challenge includes memorizing Genesis chapters 1-3, and Romans 1:14-23, 3:18-28 completed by January 31, 2024 and will receive $100. If you are interested in participating in this, please contact Elmer Lapp.
Daniel Crandall Pastor: firstname.lastname@example.org ;
Dan Stoltzfus Pastor: email@example.com
Wayne Petersheim Elder: firstname.lastname@example.org ;
Heinrich Botes Elder: email@example.com
Elder team email: Chestnutelderteam@gmail.com
Sent from my iPhone